Get up to $6,500 with the Canada Greener Homes Grant!
Saving energy saves you money
Approximately 18% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions comes from buildings, including our homes. The government of Canada wants to help Canadians make their homes more energy-efficient. As a result, homes will be more comfortable and more affordable to live in, while also helping to support our environmental goals.
The Canada Greener Homes Grant helps homeowners make their homes more efficient, creates jobs across Canada, helps grow our domestic green industries and helps fight climate change.
What’s available through the initiative?
- Up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy efficient retrofits to their homes
- EnerGuide evaluations (worth up to $600) and expert advice so homeowners can plan their retrofits
What retrofits are eligible?
You need to complete at least one of the retrofits that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor in their evaluation report before you are reimbursed. You can combine eligible retrofits to receive up to a maximum rebate of $5,000. Elegible retrofits include:
- Upgraded home insulation – up to $5,000
- Air-sealing – up to $1,000
- Windows and doors – each window / door is eligible for either $125 or $250
- Thermostats – up to $50 (must be combined with another retrofit)
- Space and water heating – up to $5,000
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Air and Cold Climate Heat Pumps
- Heat Pump Water Heaters (max $1000)
- Renewable energy – up to $5,000
- Resiliency measures – up to $1000 (must be combined with another energy efficiency retrofit)
Goodman GSZB4 Heat Pump
Goodman GSZH5 Heat Pump